Friday, October 26, 2012

Oh...October

Lets just say the end of September - October has been full of too many downs.  My goal in this LIFE POST is to vent and share the bad and good with all of you.  As you know, I like to share whats going on in our lives at that moment but not share too much of it at the same time.  Ugh...its been...its been hell. So lets start with the bad and finish with the good so we all have a better end to this post :)

On September 19th Noah was held at gunpoint by a 24 year old, at his retail store he works at. The guy walked in with a shotgun and pointed it at Noah and The District Manager...he wanted a handheld gun to kill himself with (they only carry rifles, B.B. guns and knifes at Noah's Store) and got upset when they told him those are B.B guns not real handhelds. After about 2 minutes he started laughing and finally ran out. The guy ended up robbing 2 banks and got caught!!! THANKFULLY, NOBODY was harmed by this man!  At that time Noah and I only had 1 phone and he had it that day so I had no idea what was going on. When he walked in he just looked and me and hugged me so close and I was a bit taken back. I asked him what was going on...he then told me everything that happened and I started balling. I was so happy he was safe but so scared for him at the same time. We then picked up the babes, sat on the sofa and just held each other. All the fighting and back and forth bickering that we had been doing just stopped. Knowing that he could of forever been taken away from us made me realize that all the small, stupid things that we were fighting about were dumb and it needed to stop. So thats why I've been tweeting out so "Anyone know about Price, UT?" The District Manager is trying to promote Noah again and find a new location for us. He sent us information on new stores opening in NM, UT & AZ but all three are small towns with no schools for us to attend and to start a much better life for our kids. So for now, he is at his store allowing any jobs into our lives to talk about until one fits.

So, moving on to October...

Started off with a truck running into the house...yes, a truck driving straight forward ran into the back of  the house. Luckily our landlord found it amusing that I called to tell him this and called the company of that truck and took care of it...


 That should of been a huge sign to stay home cause when we were heading back from Texas this happened..



Doesn't look as bad as it was. The entire underneath of our van was totaled and had to be replaced. Noah and I had just switched seats so he could finish the last 80 miles...YUP 80 MILES AWAY FROM HOME! What happened was a Semi's Drive Shaft (which is the size of a bumper) fell out and we found it. We were going the 75 MPH speed limit and all the sudden I heart Noah say "Oh Shit!" and BAM...we ran over it. Noah kept the van completely straight during the impact and somehow safely drove it to the side of the road. Both the cop and tow-truck driver said he 100% did the right thing because with our van if he would of swerved to get out the the way, we would of flipped. So the good in that was none of us were harmed but the bad...we were now out $587.70. Yes, on top of our deductible we had to pay an extra $87.70. ((I don't even want to go there)) Plus we had to pay part of our rental because we needed a sedan that would fit 2 car seats. We had been on top of our bills, paying early, knowing which bills went to which paycheck because we figured out if we did this...then in November we would have a paycheck then went to NO BILLS...well, all that saving went into our car, our rental, and an extra Tow. ugh...at least we could pay for it ourselves right?

LETS FIND THE GOOD OF OCTOBER NOW!

I started my non-hormonal birth control pills AKA EGG DONOR AGAIN! Yup in November I start injections again and my surgery to hopefully bring another baby into someones life is between Nov26 & DEC1 :) So excited that my body is able to A) handle the shots and B) give babies to others!




Another good is even though we took a huge hit with the accident, we are still ok in our Bank Account Department. This time last year we were struggling REALLY bad. But Noah got a promotion in July and he now gets paid more so we have extra money each month to spend. AKA PUMPKINS!!!


The past few years we needed the $10.00 for food now, we were able to go to this cute church so our babes could pick out their own pumpkins AND we can afford costumes that aren't $5.00 WOO! Colin will be an Ewok (the picture is just him as a bear for now..he wanted to wear it around) and Emery didn't want a new costume...she wants to be Tinkerbell... again, just like for her birthday party haha.



So, I really hope things stay on the up for us. We NEED IT TO! I hope the rest of your October and 2012 is beautiful, full of love and fun.

<3 Tam


4 comments:

  1. You know, I love Colorado Springs (graduated from Colorado College and also grew up a couple hours away in Lamar) and I miss Pike's Peak and the fresh mountain air. I, however, do not miss how ghetto some of Springs can be. I used to work in a Ross that was in the Palmer Park/Academy area- same kind of thing. Guns, violent customers, crazy thefts. Plus going to school downtown and being chased by mental alcoholic bums....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I'm with you on that one. The views= AMAZING!!! Day one of living here I was like, this is beyond beautiful, why did it take so long for us to be here?!?!? lol Then I saw how many "weed doctors" there are and they are trying to make it legal and ugh...the bad and drama is taking over our happiness down here. Noah is looking into a transfer up in Denver so hopefully that will turn out for us.

      Delete
  2. Man oh man.. Sorry for all the bad stuff. Happy to know everyone made it through safe and happy. *hugs*

    Yay for being an egg donor again! That's so cool that you get to give the gift of life and a family to others. Such an awesome thing to do.

    OMG.. Colin is so cute in his little costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for all the bad stuff. I'm glad everyone is safe and sound. Hooray for being an egg donor again. I hope things stay up for you all too.

    ReplyDelete